As we count down the days until your first birthday, I can’t help but think of all the wishes I hope for you. I wish:
- You feel secure in my love for you, and always remember you have a place to come home to.
- You have your breath taken away by epic views. Travel every chance you get!
- You’re able to laugh at yourself and not take life too seriously.
- You have a best friend who supports you always, but also calls you out when you need it.
- You know the comfort of community. Never underestimate the power of numbers.
- You practice patience and learn the gifts that only come with delayed gratification.
- You experience a moment of fearlessness in the face of a bully.
- You see when it’s time to walk away from someone who is no good for you.
- You get a job you can speak passionately about when people ask what you do for a living.
- You question leaders and professionals when your gut tells you differently than them.
- You build strong morals, but keep an open heart.
- You gain the wisdom to see that the grass just always seems greener on the other side.
- You learn how to successfully surrender in your physical, spiritual and emotional life.
- You know the joy in giving. Trust that there is enough of everything good to go around.
- You speak with conviction. End your sentences with a period, not a question mark.
- You experience the power of the written word, spoken word and most of all, silence.
- You feel the high that comes from creating something from scratch.
- You can pack a bag and be ready for an adventure in no time flat!
- You learn to forgive and act with grace. Both towards yourself and towards others.
- You experience all these amazing feelings when you become a parent for the first time.